Matt’s Daily Diigo Post 07/14/2009
Posted by telecommatt on July 13, 2009
Cool Down a Scorching Car as Quickly as Possible – Heat Hacks – Lifehacker
I love LH! Since our car now spends 8+ hrs a day sitting on superheated blacktop, this “heat hack” is like a, er, breath of fresh air(!!).
1. Roll down the windows.
2. Turn on the A/C on the fresh air setting, do not recirculate.
3. Crank the fan up all the way and make sure the thermostat is on the coldest setting.
4. Drive for a minute or two with the windows down, to force out the superheated air.
5. Once the air in the car begins to feel cooler than the outside temperature, then switch from fresh air to recirculate.
6. Adjust temperature using lower thermostat and fan settings.
Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.